Emotional intelligence is having the ability to effectively perceive, control, and evaluate emotions in yourself as well as in others. To be emotionally intelligent means having the ability to empathize with others, which subsequently helps you to better understand people’s deepest needs. Five emotional competencies are;
(1) knowing your emotions - Self Awareness
(2) managing emotions - Self- regulation
(3) Motivating yourself and others - Self motivation
(4) Recognizing emotions in others and showing empathy.
(5) Nurturing relationships and staying connected - Social skills.